Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 500g pack of delicious Turkey mince
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small onion finally diced
- 1 peeled carrot cut into quarters and diced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 2 400g Can chopped Tomatoes
- 1 chicken Stock cube
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt , pepper
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppers halved and deseeded
- Feta cheese or cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 180c, drizzle pepper halves with olive oil, season, place on tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat. Place onions, carrots, diced peppers, mushrooms and garlic into a pan and fry for approx 5 minutes until golden then remove from pan. Add turkey mince to pan with olive oil and fry until evenly cooked and lightly browned.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the mince, add the cumin and stir in well, add the chopped tomatoes, stock cube, sugar, tomato purée, all the herbs and season. Allow to come to the boil and then turn down to a simmer for 7 minutes.
- Check your peppers at this point as they should be ready to remove from oven.
- When mince is ready spoon carefully into pepper halves and crumble feta over them
- Place under grill or back into oven to melt and warm cheese
- Serve on a warm plate with wilted spinach or some healthy green vegetables.
Alternatively serve this with pasta or in a courgette or marrow for a healthy low carbohydrate alternative.