Make something a little different with your Macsween Haggis! Tender Chicken breast stuffed with Award-winning haggis & wrapped in pancetta, served with seasonal veg and a beautiful Whisky sauce… simple!
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 130g Haggis
- 80g Prosciutto
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml Rapeseed oil
- 20g Butter
- 200g Whisky sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on a chopping board with the inner fillet showing and the smooth side down.
- Fold back the inner fillet, keeping it attached.
- Make an incision down the opposite side to make a pocket.
- Season the chicken and fill the incision with the haggis, fold in the chicken fillet, wrap in prosciutto and chill.
- Heat the oil and butter in a non stick frying pan, sear the chicken breasts presentation side down first, then flip them over after approx. 4 minutes and sear on the other side.
- Transfer to the oven for 18-20 minutes until cooked through & piping hot.
- Heat the whisky cream sauce according to the instructions on the pack and cook your chosen vegetables.
- Heat the chosen vegetables, reserve hot.
- To serve: Arrange the vegetables on the plates; slice the chicken through the centre on an angle; arrange on the plates
- Drizzle over the sauce and serve.
Credit: Macsween Haggis.