Red Cabbage Coleslaw
This Red cabbage coleslaw is normally served with lunchtime baguettes at the The Old Rydon in Kingsteignton, this recipe comes courtesy of their head chef Dominic Bryant.
Preparation time: less than 10 mins
Serves: Serve as a side dish or part of a summery salad.
• 1 small red cabbage or ½ large
• 1 large carrot peeled and julienned (thinly sliced)
• 1 red onion peeled
• 100g soft brown sugar
• A good pinch of salt and black pepper
• The zest and juice of ½ orange
• 100ml red wine vinegar
• 80ml vegetable oil or rape seed oil
1. Thinly slice the cabbage and the onion. Ideally use a food processor or mandolin to keep the pieces nice and even.
2. Turn the cabbage and onion into a bowl and mix in the carrot.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and then add to the bowl and combine thoroughly.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.