This slow cooker chicken and sage hot pot is such a lovely wholesome meal. Everything you need in one pot and ready when you are. Great for a comforting dish.
Cooking time: 8 hours
Serves: Serves 4
- Fry light or 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken, preferable legs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 22g plain four
- 600ml chicken stock using a stock cube
- 6g or 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped fine
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced into cubes
- 600g potatoes, sliced thinly for the top of the hot pot
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp Kikkomen soy sauce
Preheat the slow cooker if necessary.
Add the oil or spray a large pan with the oil and cook the chicken, bacon, garlic and onion until browned.
Stir in the flour and then add the stock, add the sage and soy sauce, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Put the carrots and parsnips in the slow cooker pot and pour over the chicken mixture.
Place the potatoes on top, overlapping slightly and cook on low for 8 hours.
Take the slow cooker pot from the slow cooker and add the butter on top of the potatoes and heat under the grill until browned (optional).