Toad in the Hole
This easy recipe is a true crowd-pleaser. The key to the perfect Toad in the hole is to keep the oven door shut while it’s cooking!
Easy | 1 hour | Serves 4
8 Prime Pork Sausages
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
140g Plain Flour
175ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Add the Prime Pork Sausages to the roasting tin with the oil. Bake until browned.
- Next, tip the flour into a bowl with ½ tsp salt, make a well in the middle and crack the eggs into it. Mix it together, slowly adding the milk, whisking all the time.
- Remove the sausages from the oven – be careful because the fat will be sizzling hot – but if it isn’t, put the tin on the hob for a few minutes until it is.
- Pour in the batter mix, transfer to the top shelf of the oven, then cook for 25-30 mins, until risen and golden.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.