Such a simple dish to prepare that you will never buy shop bought coleslaw again! This recipe come courtesy of Dominic Bryant, head chef at the The Old Rydon in Kingsteignton.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Serves: Serve as a side dish or part of a summery salad.
• Small or half a white cabbage
• 1 white onion peeled
• 2 carrots, peeled and grated
• 200ml mayonnaise
• Salt and pepper
• Optional – add a good squeeze of salad cream
1. This is where a food processor comes into its own. Slice the cabbage and onion on a thin setting and add the grated carrot. If you want to do it manually use a sharp knife.
2. Transfer the cabbage and carrot to a large bowl and add the mayonnaise, seasoning and any optional ingredients.
3. Mix well and serve chilled.
Any spare coleslaw can be covered and kept in the fridge for several days.