Pork Tenderloin Stroganoff
A classic recipe for the wonderfully succulent pork tenderloin. A family favourite meal that also offers the versatility of being able to swap the type of meat to give many finished dish options.
Preparation and Cooking time: 40 mins
• 400g Meatbox pork tenderloin (defrosted)
• 150g button mushrooms sliced, wild mushroom could be used if you want to make it more luxurious
• 50ml white wine or brandy for a richer flavour
• 1 small onion
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 level tsp of smoked paprika, normal paprika will be fine
• 1 knob of butter
• 15ml veg oil
• 1tsp whole grain mustard
• 1tsp Dijon or English mustard
• 100ml chicken stock
• 100ml creme fraiche (healthy option) or double cream (the devil’s options)
• A good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
• Optional fresh spinach or parsley
1. Prepare the tenderloin by removing any sinew, then slice crossways into thin slices
2. Fry the meat in a frying pan with the oil until cooked through and lightly browned then remove from pan and allow to rest, keep the pan for making the sauce
3. Add the butter to the pan and melt, add onion, garlic and mushrooms and lightly fry BUT do not colour
4. Stir in the paprika and cook for around one minute, then add the wine (brandy) and reduce by a third
5. Add stock and both mustards and bring to boil
6. Turn the heat down to a light bubble and stir in the creme fraiche, lemon juice, spinach or parsley.
7. Add the meat back to the pan to warm through.
8. Serve on a warmed plate with rice or tagliatelle.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.