Roasted Venison Haunch
The perfect recipe to roast this fabulous and healthy piece of meat for all to enjoy, even as a turkey alternative.
Easy | 45mins | Serves 4
650g Venison Haunch
2 tbsp of oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan/ 220C / Gas 8.
2. Heat the oil in an oven and flameproof tin, dish or pan over medium/ high heat.
3. Add the venison haunch to the pan and brown on all sides.
4. Pack the veg tightly around the meat and season with pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 15 mins.
5. Lower the heat to 160C fan/ 180C/ Gas 4 and roast for another 15 mins. Remove from the oven, transfer the meat to a plate and cover it with foil. Save the pan with the veg and juices if you wish to make gravy.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.