Flawless Roast Potatoes
The ultimate recipe for even a first-time roastie connoisseur, crispy skins, and fluffy inside – perfect.
Easy | 1hr 10mins | Makes 4
1kg Maris Piper potatoes
100g duck or goose fat (for a luxurious taste), or 100ml/3½fl oz olive oil
2 tsp flour
salt to serve
- Place a large roasting tin in the oven at 180C fan/ 200C/ gas 6
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even pieces around 5cm
- Place in a large pan and just cover with water, add salt to the pan. Once the water is boiling, turn down to a rolling boil for 2 minutes, uncovered
- In the meantime, add 100ml olive oil/ 100g of duck/goose fat to the tin and heat in the oven until very hot.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, shake to fluff the outside of the potatoes
- Sprinkle with 2tsp of flour and shake to coat.
- Place potatoes in a pan of hot oil/fat; spread onto a single layer and roast. After 15 mins, turn the potatoes then put back in the oven for 15 mins, before turning again and roasting for a further 10-20mins until golden and crisp.
- Scatter with salt and serve.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.