How To Cook a Brace of Partridge
This medium-sized game bird has a delicate flavour and tender meat. Each bird is the perfect size for one person, it only takes minutes to cook.
Preheat your oven to 200c fan assisted, 200c, Gas 7
Roast for 15-18 minutes and rest for 10 minutes
If cooking breast rest for 2-4 minutes
Ideal flavours for partridge
Fruits – pear, apricots
Herbs – thyme, garlic, parsley, sage
Spices – pepper, cinnamon, cumin
Vegetables – leeks, pumpkin, chicory
- Season the birds with a little fat or butter and sear in an ovenproof pan first on their backs, sides and briefly on the breasts until golden brown before turning over onto their backs and roasting in a pre heated oven.
- Roast on a high heat for a short period.
- Don’t over cook as they have very little fat and you need to keep them moist.
- Partridge are a great bird to introduce yourself to game, great flavour and delicious.
- Partridge are 50% lower in fat than chicken
Pan fry the partridge in 1 tablespoon of oil, add a little butter, sprig of thyme until coloured on all sides. Season and cover in bacon then pop in the oven for 15-18 minutes. Take out of the oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.