Garlic, Lemon and Thyme butter for Roast Chicken
Cook as a roast dinner making chicken moist, creamy and flavoursome or with a salad and buttered new potatoes
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 90 mins and 5 min resting
• 150g salted butter room temperature
• 4 cut Thyme sprigs
• 2 crushed cloves of garlic
• Good grind of black pepper
• Half a Lemon zested
1. Put soft room temperature butter into bowl
2. Add garlic, pepper, lemon zest and squeeze the juice of lemon in as well then add thyme I would remove leaves from stalk at this point.
3. Give this a good mix with a spoon to combine ( you could do this in a food processor)
4. Put to one side whilst you prepare chicken
1. Make sure chicken is fully defrosted
2. In a separate plate chopping board place chicken with legs towards you.
3. Looking at the Breasts gently lift the skin at the front and put your index finger between the skin and flesh you should feel skin easily working away make a good size pocket 8cm towards the back and 4 cm down toward the leg repeat this on the other side
4. Now get your butter and fill the cavity you have made generously with butter mix then pull the skin forward so the chicken looks natural if the skin has moved back season skin and cook as normal.
5. Cook and enjoy
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.