Slow Cooked Chilli
This slow cooker recipe is so easy and hassle-free! Simply fry off your mince and veg and then load in to the slow cooker and wait for your perfect chilli con carne!
Easy | 8hrs | Serves 8
3 tbsp olive oil
500g beef mince
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1 large pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1-2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp tomato purée
400g can chopped tomatoes
400ml beef stock
2 x 400g can kidney beans
4 small squares dark chocolate
- Turn slow cooker on to low.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large pan and fry the mince for around 10 mins on a high heat, until browned. Pour in to the slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in the pan and fry the onion, celery, and pepper until softened. Add in the garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli flakes and fry for 1 minute. Pour in to the slow cooker.
- Add the oregano, puree, chopped tomatoes and stock to the slow cooker. Season as desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir in the beans and chocolate 30 mins before end.
- Serve with rice or tortillas with sour cream and guacamole.
Keep up-to-date with The Meat Box Company Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to get news and special offers in your inbox.